Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Thursday Thirteen Trivia Challenge! You Know You Want to Try!



Thirteen quotes from movies I love. Can you name any of the movies? Whoever can name the most will receive...um...my respect? my appreciation? bragging rights?


1. I hope it feels so good to be right. There's nothing more exhilarating than pointing out the shortcomings of others, is there?

2. I don't want to sell anything, buy anything, or process anything as a career. I don't want to sell anything bought or processed, or buy anything sold or processed, or process anything sold, bought, or processed, or repair anything sold, bought, or processed. You know, as a career, I don't want to do that.

3. Tyrone, you know how much I love watching you work. But I've got my country's 500th anniversary to plan, my wedding to arrange, my wife to murder, and Guilder to frame for it. I'm swamped.

4. Don't be jealous that I've been chatting online with babes all day. Besides, we both know that I'm training to be a cage fighter.

5. Hey, how come Andrew gets to get up? If he gets up, we'll all get up, it'll be anarchy.

6. I can't believe I gave my panties to a geek.

7.
King Arthur: Now stand aside, worthy adversary.
Black Knight: 'Tis but a scratch.
King Arthur: A scratch? Your arm's off.
Black Knight: No it isn't.
King Arthur: What's that, then?
Black Knight: [after a pause] I've had worse.
King Arthur: You liar.
Black Knight: Come on ya pansy


8. And five, now this is the most important, Rat. When it comes down to making out, whenever possible, put on side one of Led Zeppelin IV.

9. I'll be taking these Huggies and whatever cash ya got.

10. Don't I know you? I stole the baby from you while you were taking a peepee!

11. Excuse me, I believe you have my stapler...

12.
Barry's Customer: Hi, do you have the song "I Just Called To Say I Love You?" It's for my daughter's birthday.
Barry: Yea we have it.
Barry's Customer: Well, can I have it?
Barry: No, actually, you can't.
Barry's Customer: Why not?
Barry: God. Do you even know your daughter? There's no way she likes that song. Oops, is she in a coma?

13. I'm sorry? Outside? Should I bring my dueling pistols or my sword?






Links to other Thursday Thirteens!

1. Wendy's Whimsies
2. PractiGal
3. Almost an Angel
4. Whiskey Talking
5. Jade
6. Picking Piksea's Brain
7. Diary of the Nello
8. Janne's Jabberwocky
9. Yellow Rose's Garden
10. Maman des Filles
11. Musings from the Edge
12. Portal of My Mind
13. Sncikerdoodles


Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!



<

19 Comments:

Blogger WendyWings said...

3- The Princess Bride
5 The Breakfast Club


I know a few of the others but I better leave some for the rest of the commenters to guess.

My first TT is up , this was a great idea for a thirteen !

12:57 AM  
Blogger Uisce said...

4. Napoleon Dynamite
5. The Breakfast Club
6. Sixteen Candles
7. Monty Python and the Holy Grail
11. Office Space

which are all great movies, and I'm willing to bet the others are too but I can't come up with 'em! :|

My 13 are up!

3:27 AM  
Anonymous Dariana said...

No clue whatsoever, but I gotta love #6. Doooooo tell, lol. Happy TT!

6:01 AM  
Blogger Marie said...

OK, a couple of these sound familiar, but my first thought.... No! Not the Huggies!! Don't take the Huggies!

#7 -- a Monty Python movie?

#11 is Office Space

My 13 aren't up yet, but will be this a.m....

6:28 AM  
Blogger Jade said...

Too early for my brain to work that hard yet! I'll come back later and see what I can come up with tho, great idea!

In the meantime...

Happy TT! My list is posted too!

6:43 AM  
Blogger piksea said...

I knew almost all of them. What great movies you picked. Number one is really bugging me, I can hear it in my head. I think I'm right, but, who knows. 1) Clerks. 2) Say Anything (I love Lloyd Dobler) 3) The Princess Bride 4) Napoleon Dynamite 5) Breakfast Club 6) Sixteen Candles 7) Monty Python 8) Fast Times at Ridgemont High 9) Raising Arizona 11) Office Space 12) High Fidelity.

Too bad you live thousands of miles from me, you would make a great movie buddy!!!!

10:24 AM  
Blogger Kelly said...

Okay.
I have a few. I didn't even cheat and look at the other commenters yet.

#4 Kip from Napolean Dynamite
#6 Sam from Sixteen Candles
#7 King Arthur from Monty Python
#9 Nic Cage from Raising Arizona??
#11 The stapler guy in Office Space

I know #12... but cannot think of the friggin movie.

Happy Thursday!
Mine are up.
Diary of the Nello

11:03 AM  
Blogger Mama! Mama! (Mel) said...

Thanks everyone for playing. So far there have been no wrong guesses.

And piksea apparently has impeccable taste in movies!

Still no guesses on 10 and 13?

11:15 AM  
Blogger Mama! Mama! (Mel) said...

Holycrap. I thought maybe piksea had maybe had some help...then I saw your profile! Nice movie choices.

I love Where the Wild Things Are and we have most of the books by Sandra Boynton.

I must visit your blog more often. :)

11:18 AM  
Blogger Janne said...

I only know #6 and #9

11:54 AM  
Anonymous Chickadee said...

Oh oh! I know #11!!! I LOVED Office Space. That's one of the movies I put into the DVD player when I want some background noise and something neaningless to watch while I do something else at the same time, like fold laundry or bake cookies.

My 13 are up.

12:30 PM  
Blogger Maman said...

Hi Mama,

2. Say Anything
3. Princess Bride
4. Napoleon Dynamite
6. Sixteen Candles
7. Monty Python The Holy Grail
8. Fast Times at Ridgemont High
9. Raising Arizona
11. Office Space
12. High Fidelity

No doubt I will kick myself about the rest of the movies...

3:03 PM  
Blogger YellowRose said...

#3 The Princess Bride
#4 Napoleon Dynomite
#5 The Breakfast Club - Excellant Movie!!
#6 Sixteen Candles! Love that movie!!


(And I didn't peek!)

Great list!!! My 13 is up!! Happy Thursday!

3:18 PM  
Anonymous JK :) said...

LOL, I dont know any of them, but I loved the list so much! :)

7:02 PM  
Blogger Kimmy said...

Gosh! I really suck!

#4...Napoleon Dynamite (My son and I quote that all the time)

#6...Sixteen Candles (it's on every other Saturday :p)

#7...Monte Python (? has to be.)

#9...Dick and Jane (?...sounds like a preview for the movie.)

#11...Two Weeks Notice.

Now I'm going to have to see what everybody else wrote. Man, I thought this was going to be easy!

My 13 are up!
http://kimmyandjacob.blogspot.com

8:51 PM  
Anonymous Caryn said...

Okay, without reading the other responses...
3. one of the best movies of all time: The Princess Bride (Also a quite terrific book)
4. Napoleon Dynamite
6. Sixteen Candles. I miss Molly Ringwald.
7. Monty Python and the Knights of the Holy Grail
12. High Fidelity

I know I know some of the others, but I can't place them, or am not sure enough to guess. This was fun! Best one I've seen all week. :-)

By the way, my thirteen are up. Now I'm off to read the others' comments so I can figure out what movies I missed and feel like an idiot for not guessing correctly.

11:23 PM  
Anonymous grumpy mom said...

I feel bad, I only knew 2 and am ashamed to tell which 2! My 13 are up also.

12:21 PM  
Blogger Jane said...

Well, I am a total dope.....I don't know any of these. However, #7 does sound like a Monty Python movie. Either that or Martin Lawrence's movie "Black Knight".

Loved the list. My 13 are up too!
Your blog design is great too!

8:49 AM  
Blogger Marcia said...

Hmmmm... Since only 10 and 13 are left to guess on... 13 is Bridget Jones' Diary, and... I have no idea about 10!

I came over from Nello's blog. I like you!!

9:24 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home