Thursday, January 26, 2006

Thursday Thirteen...



Thirteen Things that make my day at work less enjoyable that I would like.



1. Mail that reads....FINAL NOTICE...bla, blah, blah....pay by Jan 30...blah, blah, blah....collections...blah, blah, blah...

2. The pasta in my lunch leaked. Now I have sauce on my drink, sauce on my chips, sauce everywhere. I'm not sure I've ever used the word "sauce" that many times before. Sauce. Sauce. Sauce.

3. Calls that start "Ma'am, if I may have a minute of your time, I'd like to tell you about how using XXX credit card processing can save you money"

4. The fact that I didn't even unlock the door until 10 minutes after, and no one noticed.

5. I skipped Starbucks in fear of provoking my face, that clearly has had it in for me since I was 14. Caffeine=UGLY for me.

6. We are out of Post-its. I love Post-Its.

7. My beloved laptop, AKA my Baby, stayed home today.

8. There is no chocolate here. None.

9. The nine million racks of clothes to sort and price. Don't ever do consignment. Ever. If you own a store, sell only shiny, new things that you can price in massive quantities. Trust me on this one.

10. Had to leave this morning with wet hair. Resemble frizzy, angry llama.

11. Writing checks that don't involve buying something nice for myself.

12. Seeing the mounds of crap to get done. Deciding to delegate. Realizing I don't have any employees to delgate to.

13. People who know their little angel is poopy, and ignore my polite mention of a changing table, diapers, and wipes in the bathroom. "We'll just be a minute...then I'll change him in the car." Yes, but I'll smell Junior, for the next hour.




Links to other Thursday Thirteens!

1. Musings from the Edge
2. Confessions of a Busy Mom
3. Wendy's Whimsies
4. The Idle Receptionist
5. Whiskey Talking
6. KristieSue...What Are We TAlking About
7. Write From Karen
8. CraZedMom
9. Novelist in Training


Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!



<

17 Comments:

Anonymous Chickadee said...

How can people NOT be considerate or self-conscious of that fact that their kid did a little poopy in his diaper??? AAARGGHH!

I like post-its too. Awesome invention.

Thanks for stopping by my 13.

11:48 AM  
Blogger Mama B said...

Hope your day turns out better than it started!! Happy TT!

11:49 AM  
Blogger WendyWings said...

Post it's are great :)
I look like an angry frizzy llama most days LOL
Your link is added to my TT list thanks for stopping by.

My TT list

12:07 PM  
Blogger TheIdleReceptionist said...

Too funny!

3. I get credit sales calls at work, too...WTF?

5. I always hear the siren call of Starbucks in the morning...come to think of it...that little lady on the insignia prolly IS a siren!

8. No chocolate, no peace, Know chocolate, know peace.

13. Parents must consider that their fellow earthlings (including their own little angels) do not like remaining in a suspended state of poopiness, nor do they appreciate smelling state of poopiness. This is what the Water Closet abolished. Please follow suit.

12:56 PM  
Blogger Uisce said...

The calls and mail really do it to me. My 13 are up!

12:57 PM  
Blogger KristieSue said...

Small business owner ehh? I feel your frustrations. Great list.

1:07 PM  
Blogger MadPawnbroker said...

I'm the same poster as KristieSue check out my last post kind of goes along with your #13

1:10 PM  
Anonymous Ficklechick said...

Did you leave your laptop at home on purpose? That's so sad, I'd miss it to much. ;)

2:56 PM  
Anonymous Karen said...

LOLOL! One of the funniest lists today. And I LOVE the oblivious mom in #13. A mom becomes immune to her son/daughter's poopy messes after a while. *grin*

Mine are up

3:04 PM  
Anonymous Nancy said...

We have our own business and I can so relate.

I'm Up

3:10 PM  
Blogger Kelly said...

You kill me, you know that?

And I quote:
"...Resemble frizzy, angry llama."

ummm...
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

3:52 PM  
Blogger Maman said...

Sorry, I love the sound/smell of a tiny one.. at least until they start getting forumula/big boy food... until then it is all sweet as sugar.. or in the case of my girls... bacon butt.

Or am I revealing too much?

4:01 PM  
Anonymous Caryn said...

Sorry you had a bad day! Despite that, your post cracked me up. Hope tomorrow's better.

My thirteen are up.

9:31 PM  
Blogger Maman said...

Hope today is better... sorry I missed the post yesterday

1:21 PM  
Blogger Maman said...

Hope today is better...sorry I missed the post yesterday...

1:22 PM  
Anonymous Nicole said...

Hey hun! I hope you've got more Post It Notes by now. ;) I love them too! Great list. Hope you had a happy TT!

9:32 PM  
Blogger novaks8 said...

wow

I cant imagine leaving the baby in a poopy diaper while I shopped!

Bad Mommy!

10:11 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home