Thursday, November 24, 2005

Another One Bites the Dust....

For those of you who have had the ...um...experience of being in our store when my kids were there, you know I am not exaggerating when I say they are crazy. My son is 8 and my daughter is 2. I thought with them being so far apart in age they wouldn't fight much. I was wrong. They fight all day, every day...every waking minute. They fight about everything.

Just yesterday in the car I witnessed this argument in disbelief:

My son, seeing dust bits glistening and floating in the sunlight, decided to pretend to eat it. (?) Snapping his mouth in the air like an animal and making eating noises, must have looked fun, because my daughter decided to join in. They were both "eating" dust for a minute and then...

Son: Hey that big piece was mine! You ate the big dust!

Daughter: I want big dust!

Son: It was mine!

Daughter: You have all the dust over there! I want more dust!

Son: You have dust...you have all the good ones!

I think you get the idea. This went on for another minute or so before, thankfully, I turned the car, the sun moved, and no one had any dust. Good thing too, because by that time the twitch in my eye was back.

I will spare you the details of their argument over whether Sprite is "clear" or "yellowish-clear". No kidding....I couldn't make this stuff up if I tried.

So what is the deal? Are my kids the only ones that argue like this? Does it ever end? Is the dust on the driver's side of the car fresher?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home