Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Bah Freakin' Humbug!

This day blew. Monumentally sucked.
Bank account overdrawn. Way overdrawn.
Dog barfing in kitchen.
Two year old decided to go nap free.
Didn't get any work done.
Face breaking out.

Remind me why I gave up caffeine again? Oh, yeah, the two giant zits that have set up camp on my face after my last run in with a Peppermint Mocha.

2:00, still in my pj's. I can't pick up my son in my pj's. Sure dropping him off in my jammies at 8 am is one thing, but 3:15 with ratty old pj's and raccoon eyes is another.

Forced myself to dress and even put on some makeup. Retrieved son.

The dentist called. I have forgotten to pick up my retainer. Yes, I am 28 years old with a retainer. I need to pick it up. "You'd be surprised how quickly your teeth will move without it," she said. No, I wouldn't.

Nothing to make for dinner. 7:30 the kids eat cereal for dinner. We are in the midst of the nightly homework ordeal. One hour and 25 minutes for two stupid worksheets. Was that a gray hair sprouting?

Check the pantry for dinner for myself. Nothing looks interesting. I eat nothing. Have been eating next to nothing lately and still have gained weight. How the heck does that work?

My cell phone has been MIA for 3 days now. Feel naked without it. I know it's in the house. I heard it beeping the first day.

Kiddos finally tucked in. I have a buttload of work to get done. Decide on bubble bath and alcohol instead. We don't drink. We own no alcohol. None. Manage to scrounge up a small bottle of champagne from a wedding we went to last year. Score.

Overfilled bath with cold water. Damn. Waiting for hot water heater to heat my next batch. Look for glass for champagne. Fancy glass waaaaay up in cabinet full of things we never use. Pour champagne into red plastic cup.

Bath is ready. Just like a luxury spa, well....except for the Dora the Explorer bath toy I sat on (OUCH) and the mounds of laundry silhouetted in the candle light.

Only 9 hours and I get to do it all over again. Bartender! I'm going to need a refill in my little red cup.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home