Thursday, February 15, 2007

Love Hangover

I'm getting off to a bit of a slow start this morning. I'm exhausted. Of course with yesterday being Valentine's Day, I spent the night doing very little sleeping and a whole lotta' screaming.

Wink. Wink. Nudge. Nudge.

Yeah. Right.

I did do very little sleeping...due to the three and a half year old hogging my pillow, and digging tiny little toes into my stomach and/or back.
I also did plenty of screaming thanks to The Husband.
I yelled things like...
"You're snoring again!" "Would you please roll over?!" "ROLL OVER!

Snoring is so hot.

I'm glad I no longer buy into the Valentine's Day hype, or I may have felt let down.
Who needs a romantic dinner....I prefer the Mexican pizzas, eaten off of paper plates, each lovingly poked, prodded, and fingered by The Girl.
Who needs a night of passion when you can stay up late watching some financial advisor on PBS and crawl into a bed to find your spot is being hogged warmed for you?

Not Me. Nope. Passion schmassion.

I did, however get a gushy card from The Husband....and even better than that, a whole pound of Scotch-Mallows from See's candy. Yum. I think I'll keep him.

Side note: The Sport's Illustrated Swimsuit issue came out. Beyonce is on the cover. In an interview she said she loves the magazine because they feature "real women...with real curves"
Um...what now? Real women? Real curves? Uh, yeah. Shut up. When the scrawny wisps of girls found in those magazines face deciding whether to tuck their tummy roll into their pants or let it flop over, when they put on jeans and are confronted with the disturbing "swish, swish" sound of thighs rubbing together, or when their breasts sit on their laps when they are not wearing a bra...then, they can call themselves "real women". Hrumph.

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Kimberly said...

Beyonce does give me hope that curvier women will previal. If Marylin Monroe was still the It Girl, I would be hot to trot!!

1:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Our steamy romantic night consisted of a spaghetti dinner with our three young children who prefer wearing to eating it.

10:32 PM  
Blogger Flawed And Disorderly said...

HA HA!!! I've written about stomach rolls, too! I can't wait until pleated jeans that snap under the boobs are seen as sexy again! Wait. Were they ever sexy? Who cares! I can't keep up with the hubby's lust demands as it is! I just look forward to the day jeans are back in style that don't show the top of my underwear and inspire my stomach to roll over the top!

BTW, thanks for leaving a comment on my blog! I feel comment deprived lately. You made me feel im PO tent! (important, not the other word)

4:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

haha - this entry made me giggle from start to finish.

it's funny how people's idea of love and romance changes over the years.

sounds like you have a wonderful family!

9:23 PM  
Blogger OhTheJoys said...

Steamy night! (Ha ha ha!) Bow chicka bow bow!

6:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

TBH you don't really look like this is something you struggle with!! You look good - you must be hiding those rolls really well!!!

nm
www.littlenuttree.wordpress.com

2:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home