Thursday, May 04, 2006

A Day Late and About Eight Short

Because I am a complete lame-o who missed the Thursday Thirteen, I offer a lousy facsimlie in exchange. I'd like to announce the Mama! Mama! Friday Five. Why the Friday Five, you ask. Because the Friday Four just seemed a little half-assed and the Friday Fifteen seemed way too ambitious. So without further ado, I present to you




Five Things About My Taste (or Lack Thereof) In Music

1. I am a closet John Mayer fan. Not the sappy, whiny, pansy-boy you may be familiar with. Not the one who wrote the pile of rubbish "Your Body is a Wonderland"...which makes my skin crawl, and not it a good way. Oh no. The John Mayer. of The John Mayer Trio. The John Mayer who plays the white boy blues. On suggestion though, John-boy. Lose the scarf. No man looks sexy in a scarf. Unless it is John Corbett. and it is all he is wearing.


2. I have quite the ecclectic CD collection which includes, Rage Against the Machine, Operation Ivy, Harry Connick Jr., Gershwin, Muddy Waters, Norah Jones, and Laurie Berkner - which is the CD of choice for a certain someone under 4 feet tall everytime we get in the car.

3. I love Elvis (obviously) in an abnormal kind of way, but there are certain somgs of his that make me cringe and vomit just a little in my mouth. "Kissin' Cousins", being one of them.

4. Though exceptional music ability runs in my family, I play no instrument at all. Nothing. Not even the spoons. I probably should have taken advantage of my good genes. If I were to play an instrument it would be the drums.

5. No matter how badass and angst-ridden, and full of righteous anger singers like Avril Lavigne, Ashley Simpson (wretch), and Kelli Clarkson (eye roll) would like to think they are, they have nothing...nothing...Nuh. Thing. On Janis.

And as a bonus....In order to make up for my complete rudeness in neglecting to link visitors to my last two Thursday Thirteens, I would like to link to them now...including a few kind words about their blog.

First Chaotic Mom, who had this awesome picture of her son.

Mary, who also has ecclectic taste in music.

Undercover Angel, whose blog banner cracks me up everytime I see it.

Carmen, who had a recent Thirteen movie quotes. I love me some movie quotes.

Ames, who has lots of cool pictures on her blog.

Jane, who has awesome and inspiring pictures from Venezuela in her last Thirteen.

Courtney, who has great info on MS in her Thirteen.

Elle, who has another banner I just love.

Wystful1, had cool facts abput 13 for her Thirteen.

And thanks, of course, to Izzy, who always visits...even though I never update...and even though I still haven't updated my blogroll with her new site address. I suck. She does not.

6 Comments:

Blogger Emily said...

My 8 y/o heard 'Your body is a wonderland' when it first came out, and misheard it...so she walked around singing "Your body is an ottoman" so much that now just hearing the song title makes me chuckle....

2:45 PM  
Blogger Undercover Angel said...

I'm sorry that I missed this on Friday. Thank you so much for the link!

8:24 PM  
Blogger BabyonBored said...

So if you love Elvis so much, what did yout think of the renditions o n American Idol? Karaoke or did they do them justice? I don't care either way but just thought you might have a strong opinion and those I love.

8:37 PM  
Blogger MrsFortune said...

Oh I totally agree with you on the scarf thing, AND on the John Corbett bit. Have you seen Prince lately? NOT a good look.

9:21 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Janis rules

7:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just dropped in to say hey and I see you linked to me. Thanks! You rock :)

But what I really wanted to say is that you are correct on the John Mayer white-boy blues tip. He tears it up!

And no, there is probably not a man alive that actually looks good in a scarf. Not even Elvis!

4:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home