Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Odds 'n' Ends - Emphasis on the ODDS

As I was tucking my son in bed last night:
Son: "Mom, should I be a lawyer or a comedian when I grow up?"
Me: "Well, why don't you be both? A lawyer during the day and a comedian at night?"
Son: "Hmmm. Oh yeah.....or maybe I'll just be a lounge singer."
Me: Blink. Blink. BWAHAHAHA!

Talking on speakerphone to my MIL who just had liposuction:
MIL: "I have these little holes that fluid is coming out of."
Me: "Ewww. You're leaking!"
MIL: "Yes, and have to wear a girdle."
Me: ::Cringe:: "A girdle and leaking. Sounds lovely."
Daughter grabbing phone: "Grandma! Your turtle is leaking????"

Going through drive thru window with kids bickering in backseat:
Daughter: bouncing her brother's stuffed dog on lap.
Son: "Don't do that with my dog!"
Daughter: continues bouncing toy.
Son: "I said don't! It will hit you in the junk!"
Daughter just as 16yo drive thru guy hands me food: "I DON'T HAVE A JUNK! I. HAVE. A. BAH-GYNA!"
Me to drive thru guy: "Yes she does. Well, thanks. Bye."

To those sweet people who have asked - As of Friday, the company where my husband interviewed said they have not yet made a decision, but were still very interested in him for the position. They gave no new time frame, which means my head imploding from stress is imminent. Will keep you updated. And thank you for asking.

5 Comments:

Blogger IzzyMom said...

From the mouths of babes...leaking turtles and bah-gyna junk lol

Do you write this stuff down?

10:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh crikey. Your kids say the funniest things - for real. I love how you told him he could be both. What a cool mama.

5:58 AM  
Blogger MrsFortune said...

A lounge singer, huh? A comedic attorney who sings Barry Manilow on the side? Sounds like a dream life. :)

4:35 PM  
Blogger PetiteMommy said...

your kids sounds so cute! I just love the conversations especially about the BAH-GYNA..LOL...

8:56 PM  
Blogger Jane said...

LOVE the bah-gyna story. Children always manage to say things like this at the MOST inopportune time.

My list is up!

8:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home