Thursday, March 09, 2006

Thirteen things you need to know about Mel so you can die at peace with the world.



Thirteen things you need to know about Mel so you can die at peace with the world.
1. I am addicted to looking at Google Earth with my son. We look at everything. The Great Wall of China, Venice, Manhattan, our old neighborhood…way cool.

2. I gave birth to my daughter with no meds. With my oldest I had an epidural. The recovery from the birth with no meds was waaay better. Way. I’m not militant. It didn’t make me feel empowered…it made me feel a little proud and able to sit without feeling like there were fish hooks in my pants.

3. I hate the smell of Doritos unless I am the one eating them.

4. I am a Converse Chuck Taylor Allstar junkie. I have around 20 pairs. At the Converse website you can design your own. Oh yeah.


5. I am teaching myself web design out of necessity. I did my store's site…which sucks and still needs a ton of work. I am working on the site for our new t-shirts now. I know no HTML at all. None. I do almost all of it in Photoshop and drop it in. I have an awesome hosting service. If anyone would like to take over my webdesign for free, let me know. :)

6. I love football, boxing, and UFC fighting. I surprised my husband with tickets to a UFC event in Vegas last year. It was awesome. I HATE basketball and college football.

7. My cell phone plays “Sweet Home Alabama”

8. I Tivo old episodes of Dharma and Greg.

9. I love this site. I have an Insanity Prawnboy Shirt.

10. When I turn off the light at night I take a big leap into my bed so nothing scary grabs my ankles. Shut up.

11. I have been craving white chocolate ice cream with M&M’s from Coldstone for weeks. I haven’t gotten a chance to go. It is killing me.

12. I think feet are gross. I don’t like seeing feet on commercials. Man feet are the worst. Hairy toes. Ewwww.

13. I hate doing random lists like this because they lack closure. I like closure. The end.





Links to other Thursday Thirteens!

1.


Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. ItÂ’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!



20 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You too?? I thought I was the only one who couldn't stand the smell of Doritos! lol (though you're right, I love eating them!)

Teaching yourself web design, eh? Let me tell ya, it's trial and error. I graduated from college with a tech writing degree but taught myself HTML so I could do school websites. You'll get the hang of it, just keep playing around with it. HTML is really easy once you get the hang of it.
HTML Goodies is a good place to start. They have free tutorials. http://www.htmlgoodies.com/primers/html/

Happy TT!

10:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think self-taught web design is the best way. I use to teach it part-time to the lower-income students in my area along with networking. Its a great program so all students are able to have net ability and it gives me satisfaction to help others when I have time.

The smell of Doritos is too nauseating for me to sniff or eat.

Happy TT!

10:44 AM  
Blogger Dale Challener Roe said...

If you don't like feet, how did you feel about hobbits?

My 13 are up

11:19 AM  
Blogger MrsFortune said...

Doritos ... ewwww, Dorito breath = the grossest thing EVER! But I do so love to eat them. :)

And I am so with ya on #12. They shouldn't even manufacrture sandals for men ... at least not heterosexual men who don't get pedicures on a regular basis.

11:37 AM  
Blogger Micehelly said...

OMG I totally get my feet on the bed before turning out the light- something I started when I was in high school. No big ritual or anything, I just do it - it was neat to see someone else say it. I also make sure the blanket is not hanging off of the bed because I remember thinking (when I was about ten year old) that a mouse or something could crawl up it onto my bed. Freaky how things like that stick with us.

My Thursday Thirteen are up.

11:48 AM  
Blogger Nature Girl said...

Sorry I laughed about the jumping into bed thing. I can't hang my feet over the side of bed for the same reason, so who am I to judge. Great list. mIne are up too..stacie

11:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i used to do #10 when i was a kid, that's so funny, i forgot i used to do it. i would love to learn web design, i'm taking a computer coure, but it's very slow going. i do know how to minimize a window now. let me know if you need help with that, i'll send you instructions.
i'm doing the tt too.

12:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm a UFC fan too! - but I like Pride better, actually.

And great shirts. Nice work MAMA!

12:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've heard good things about "google earth" I haven't looked into it yet. I also don't like feet either. Ugh.

My 13 are up.

1:54 PM  
Blogger Lazy Daisy said...

Wow, what a list. Some really interesting things. Good luck with learning web design. I may have to take a class myself. My TT are up.

2:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I totally hate the smell of Doritos as well...but it's due to my drunk friend puking them up alllll over my bathroom in high school. Doritos and vodka do not mix well!!!!
I cannot even look at Doritos since then....
Love your blog...and the shirts you sent to Nello. :)

4:19 PM  
Blogger Just Me said...

I love your #13. Seems pretty final to me :)

Elle x
http://bellis.blogon.com

4:37 PM  
Blogger Kimmy said...

Now that's a list. I love the randomness of it all. Love the links. Love the tee's you made for Nello and Co. Too cute!

My 13 are up, too!

4:51 PM  
Blogger Mama Kelly said...

and I thought I was the only one who like, heck who remembered, dharma and greg

http://mamakellysmusings.blogspot.com/2006/03/thursday-thirteen-1-random-facts-about.html

6:08 PM  
Blogger Melzie said...

Now I have to take my son with me to Google Earth-- he'll love it- thanks! And I hat emen's feet too- not just there hair, but how hard would it be for them to get a pedicure- or at least use sandpaper to clean the bottoms, LOL!

8:27 AM  
Blogger Renee Nefe said...

I have no interest in web design...but more power to all of you who do it.

Come on by fefyfomanna: Thursday 13: Places to call home You're already linked up! :D

11:31 AM  
Blogger Renee Nefe said...

I have no interest in web design...but more power to all of you who do it.

Come on by fefyfomanna: Thursday 13: Places to call home You're already linked up! :D

11:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG! Can I just say I do #10 too!! And I thought I was the only one. LOL. Thanks for sharing your list!

Happy weekend :)

5:52 PM  
Blogger IzzyMom said...

Ooooh! I love me some Sweet Home Alabama!

10:39 AM  
Blogger Katherine said...

I can totally relate to the whole jumping in bed so nothing grabs your ankles! When my husband is out of town I ALWAYS look under the bed before I get in. Even if I never left the house all day. lol

6:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home