Saturday, February 25, 2006

What the...?

Since I am a bit of a moron at this blogging thing, I have a dilemma that has been bugging me for quite awhile now. How do I respond to people who write things in my comments? Do I comment back? Do they ever go back to check? Will they ever see it? Do I email them...which is a very time consuming process using blogger. I have come up with a solution...albeit a crappy one. I will respond in this entry. See? Crappy. Crappy but effective.

On the Ratner or Damone question from Izzy. Ratner, of course. Damone was only pseudo cool and we all remember the disappointing performance in the poolhouse.

About my husband's job offer, also from Izzy. - We have some good news. The dream company that my husband had the phone interview for is flying him out for a real interview. They are paying for the flight and hotel. Woo hoo. They want him to come talk to their relocation person to help smooth any transition from moving. Sounds promising, yeah? He has his interview this Monday. They told him that he would be spending the better part of the day there. Also sounds good. I guess there is still a chance it could all go seriously wrong. Will keep you posted.

Thank you all for your nice comments on my Thursday Thirteen. I do have my mom moments. More often than not, though, I feel like a grumpy, naggy mom. So the comments were cool.

There were more questions but they all went back more than a week. The asker probably doesn't even remember asking or care about the answer anymore. I promise I am not lame like that. I just can't operate a blog.

On another note...this entry sucks because there is something quite stressful going on in my life at this time. (Aside from and in conjunction with the job and move). Every brain cell I have is consumed with stress on top of anxiety on top of the uncontrollable desire to ram a spork in my eye. Hopefully by Monday I will have some of it sorted out and will be able to type something coherent.

9 Comments:

Blogger Tanya said...

I agree - I don't know what to do about answering comments. I used to go to other's comments sections and answer, but then what I wrote didn't seem to make a lot of sense in the context of their post. Sometimes I'd email, but like you say, that's all very time consuming. Now I'm getting lazy and simply answer in my own comments section. Which I think is pretty lame, but better than not answering at all (which I have also done - but without meaning to be rude or anything). I've also done what you have done and answered everyone in one separate post. I guess I have no good answer to your question (hey, I don't know normal everyday etiquette, let alone blog etiquette). If you do find out THE answer, please let me know.

BTW: love the pictures of your kids!

4:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I never know what to do either, so I'm glad you wrote about it. You never know if the person is going to come back and look at your comments - but it seems weird commenting about your blog on theirs...

Hope all works out - I'll be thinking about you!

6:59 AM  
Blogger Virenda said...

I usually answer in my own comments to anyone who comments. If they don't come back to see it than that is fine but emailing can take a lot of time.

Posting is nice though. LOL

I hope things get better for you tomorrow.

10:55 PM  
Blogger Phil said...

It's really just a personal preference. Some folks answer/respond within their own comments (that's my preference). Others will respond to each comment in an e-mail. Others don't respond to each and every comment. Whatever works best for you is the one you should go with . . . there is no "rule" on the matter.

Phil
Echoes in a Nomad's Head

9:31 AM  
Blogger Emily said...

I never know what to do in comments either! LOL I also get all paranoid about emailing people, because half the time when they reply the email ends up in my junk email and I never see it so I obsess they will think I am just a mean, snobby bitty who doesn't answer emails...

I hope everything works out and you are nice and de-stressed!

10:09 AM  
Blogger Erin M said...

i'm glad to know i'm not the only one considering self mutilation with a spork

12:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about your stress - I find that deep breathing and a glass of wine helps (lol, kidding)

As far as comments, I usually just jump right in on my own comment section. If they ask me a specific question and seem to want an answer, then I'll email them, otherwise, I just comment on my blog and leave it at that.

Again, hang in there! (hugs)

2:27 PM  
Blogger IzzyMom said...

This is a great way to address comments. I always have the SAME frickin' dilemma. There needs to be a better way of doing comments, IMO.

So pre-congrats on the maybe job! Hope he gets it and you get to go home. Crossing everything for you!

2:37 PM  
Blogger Fern Bourrie said...

That's a good idea. I usually answer questions in my comment area. Sometimes they come back to find an answer, sometimes they don't. But this is a very good idea...I may even do it next time someone asks a question.

8:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home