Tuesday, February 14, 2006

A Little Bit of This...A Little Bit of That

I haven't been able to get here lately because of my laptop being gone, but also because things are so hectic and scattered. I'm finding it hard to put a coherent thought together when I do get a chance to get to a computer. I don't normally blog about my daily life because, well, who wants to read about my daily life? That is my thought anyway...which was confirmed by my husband who said "I don't get the blog thing. Why would people want to read about someone else's daily life? And why would people want to share details of their lives with total strangers?"

But then I got to thinking. I do like hearing about other people's daily lives. Those whose lives are similar to mine...those whose lives are very different. I am interested to hear that Kristen is pregnant or that Kelly is nervous about starting a business. I don't know why I enjoy peeking into the lives and thoughts of others, (probably because I am nosy) but I do.

So, because I can't see around my life to blog...I will have to blog about my life. And hope that one or two of you are as nosy as I am and will stick around to read it.

We moved to Colorado from California almost nine months ago. In that nine months, I have spent nearly every waking minute plotting ways to return to CA to visit. We have taken three trips back. I count down obsessively to each trip...and start the whole process again the day we arrive home. I was told that moving to a new place like this takes some time to adjust to...even a year. I, however, don't seem to be adjusting. I am horribly homesick. Colorado is a lovely place, but it is not home.

My husband has found a very good job opportunity that could take us back CA. Now I am in panic mode. I want so much for this job to work out because it means going home...but it's everything that goes along with it that is killing me. The waiting to hear about an interview and things. Whether or not he gets the job. If he does, selling our house. Houses take FOREVER to sell here. And my store. What in the world do I do about my store? Can I sell it? Can I find the right person to buy it? Not to mention dragging my family back across the country. But, oh, to be home. Now we are waiting. Waiting for everything. I HATE waiting. So basically now the energy my brain spends scheming for my next trip back is split into fragments. One part hope, one part pleading, one part sheer terror...and a whole buttload of anxiety.

So there. It doesn't exactly make for riveting reading, but it sure clears some of the thoughts running around in my head. It puts them out there. I like them better out there than inside. I can't guarantee the next few weeks of blogging being anymore than scattered thoughts and recounting my daily activites. That is about all of the action my brain can hang with right now.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Mel -- So glad to hear from you! :) I miss ya - and if I lived in CO, I would buy your biz. I love it. Hopefully it will work out and you can go HOME! I hear you - there is NO place like it.

5:45 AM  
Blogger Fern Bourrie said...

California is a great place to live. I couldn't see myself living anywhere else....I'd be homesick like you. Hope everything works out!!!

7:52 PM  
Blogger IzzyMom said...

Actually, it is riveting. I must be nosy, too, because I find other people's lives to be completely fascinating. But yet, I still think nobody would be that interested in my life. Hmmmmm.

Hope you get back to Cali!

8:03 PM  
Blogger Kelly said...

I am voyeristic and that is why I blog. (at least that is what i've been told..)
I live in CA. Born and raised in So.Cal and now live in Nor.Cal. In between those moves, however, I had to leave and go to another state for various reasons. And I hated it. I was so glad to be moving back to Cal. I feel your pain on this one. I really do.

10:54 AM  
Blogger Debbie Pelberg said...

Hmm, this is my first visit to your site. I came from Megan's site. I totally love reading about other people's lives. We must be interested in order to think someone wants to hear about our lives! Anyway, I feel the same way you do except I live in Cali and can't wait to leave. Well, I wouldn't want to leave Cali exactly, just Los Angeles. Love your "voice"!

1:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home