Monday, January 23, 2006

Let's Talk About Me

I was tagged by Kristen at Motherhood Uncensored. And since talking about myself is one of my favorite pastimes...allow me to bore you with this.....

Two Things That Scare Me
1. Spiders - in an irrational, hysterical kind of way
2. Dying before my kids are grown

Two Hobbies
1. Making jewelry
2. T-shirt design

Two Things I Suck At
1. Housework
2. Cooking
Yes, my husband is a lucky, lucky man.

Two Truths
1. The better it tastes...the fatter it will make me.
2. The more I need a break....the needier my kids become.

Two Things That Make Me a Typical Chick
1. I almost never leave the house without makeup.
2. I love new clothes and shoes (But hate shopping, go figure)

Two Names I am Called
1. Mel
2. Lady (By my husband...usually when he is frustrated.)

Two Words I'd Like To Use To Describe Myself (Notice it says "I'd like to use...not that I do use.
1. Good Mom
2. Sucessful

Two Things That Make Me Cry
1. Kids being mistreated
2. Moms watching their babies die of starvation
oh, and also stubbing my toe on the way to the bathroom in the middle of the night

Two Things I Want to Change in This World
1. Kids (anyone) starving. See above.
2. Homelessness
Although I hate questions like that. Everyone gives these noble answers, but very few people actually try to make a difference. Myself included.

Two Words I Have Trouble Saying (I'm going to make that two phrases instead)
1. You were right, I was wrong
2. No

Two Everyday Essentials
1. Deepest Beauty Mineral Makeup
2. Food. Yum. Anyone else hungry?

Two Favorite Items in the House
1. Laptop
2. TiVo

Two Things I Really Want
1. A three stone platinum and diamond anniversary ring
2. To move back to California

I'm not tagging anyone because I don't know anyone. If you would like to take a shot at this meme, please consider yourself tagged. Don't forget to leave a link to yours.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The better it tastes...the fatter it will make me.

YUP!!! I have that same saying too. And it's true.

I'm afraid of wasps and bees in an irrational, hysterical kind of way. I don't set the best example when I'm leading school kids on a nature hike and there are bees swarming around...

7:27 PM  
Blogger Amie said...

Hi! I just read your comment on my zanaida.blogspot.com blog and I wanted to respond. I can point you towards a tutorial on the net where you can learn to wrap the wire neatly around the head pin as it's hard to describe! I use a few different types of pliers and it took a bit of playing around!
http://www.beadandbutton.com/bnb/default.aspx?c=a&id=35 this link is great and has good pics! Best of luck :)

7:35 PM  
Blogger Courtney said...

I'm also afraid of wasps and bees in an irrational, hysterical kind of way. LOL

12:42 PM  
Blogger Tasha said...

I am afraid of cockroaches!

3:26 PM  
Blogger 0000 said...

Honey, I just read your last blurb. I, too, am an unwilling California expat. But moving back, too!

Where are you from?

1:02 PM  
Blogger Mel said...

Lots of people afraid of creepy, crawly things. I am not alone then!

1:12 PM  
Blogger Mel said...

Idle: I am from Southern CA. Been in CO for 8 months and homesick everyday.

1:13 PM  
Blogger Holly said...

You and I are a lot alike in our agony over terrible things happening to babies and kids. Whenever something unspeakable happens and I see it in the news, I will agonize and try to imagine how it was for that child for anywhere from weeks to months. I sought counseling from our church's pastor for this, but it didn't really help. I still struggle, and the worst thing is that there never ceases to be awful things happening to kids, and while I don't seek the knowledge out... once I see something, even a little blurb, I have to know all about it. Even though it is torture. It is like I feel that child is owed our interest in their story, even after the fact, or something.

I didn't even hear about that 7 year old girl from New York who was so horribly mistreated until I read your blog. And I completely agree, HOW could her Mother have stood by and let that happen to her? HOW??? And I KNOW that little girl must have suffered for a long time with the neglect even prior to her horrific murder. She could not have possibly understood why she was treated so badly. It really puts a sick feeling in my stomach, and a lump in my throat just to think about it, and now I know I will think about her for a good long time. And even once my initial horror has subsided a bit, I will NEVER forget about her.

I just do not understand.

11:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home