Thursday, January 19, 2006

Thursday Thirteen Trivia Challenge! Second Verse Same as the First!



Thirteen songs I know every word to. Some are classics. Some never should have been written. Regardless, they are taking up the time and energy of brain cells that could be doing other things. Do you know any of them? (I know it's not as good as the movie quotes, but cut me some slack, I forgot it even was Thursday!) All decades and genres are represented so everyone can play along at home.



1. Will it ever stop? Yo, I don't know. Turn off the lights and I glow.

2. I had a little horsey named Paul Revere. Just me and my horsey and a quart of beer.

3. So I wake in the morning and I step outside...and I take a deep breath and I get real high and I...I am feeling a little peculiar.

4. Just get me to the airport put me on a plane...Hurry, hurry, hurry...before I go insane.

5. Baby, when I think about you...I think about Loooooove. Darlin' if I live without you...I live without Looooove!

6. Introduced my self as Loc and she said "you're a liar" I said "I got it goin' on Babydoll and I'm on fire,"

7. Made a lightning trip to Vienna. Eating chocolate cake in a bag. The newspapers said "She's gone to his head. They look just like two gurus in drag."

8. Mix your milk with my cocoa puff. Milky, milky, cocoa. Mix your milk with my cocoa puff. Milky, milky...Riiiight.

9. Digging a ditch where maddness gives a bit. Digging a ditch where silence lives. Digging a ditch for when I'm old. Digging this ditch my story's told.

10. Spent forty eight dollars last night at the county fair. I throwed out my shoulder but I won her that teddy bear.

11. Some people call me the space cowboy, yeah. Some call me the gangster of love. Some people call me Maurice...

12. But each time I tell myself that I, I think I've had enough. Well, I'm gonna show you baby that a woman can be tough.

13. I'd like to add his initials to my monogram. Tell me, where is the shepherd for this lost lamb?






Links to other Thursday Thirteens!

1. Musings from the Edge


Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!



<

13 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Considering I am a music therapist, I should know them all. BUT alas, I could only name the following: 1,3, 6, 11, 13. *sniff* I suck.

11:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Let's see...

#3 is What's Up

#4 I Wanna Be Sedated

#6 Funky Cold Medina

#10 Looks familiar but I can't place it.

#11 I don't know the title of the song, but it goes on to say I'm a joker,...I'm a midnight toker...sure to want to hurt no one...

Will we get the answers?

My 13 are up.

11:30 AM  
Blogger Mel said...

Chickadee:
I'll put the answers up at 4:00 Colorado time.

Kristin:
5 out 13 is not bad.:)

11:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

lol
Do you watch American Idol?
Did you see the girl do "I wanna be sedated"?
OMG
It seemed like she WAS sedated.

Beastie Boys ARE FREAKING AWESOME.

12:28 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

ohhhhh..... two and eleven! Love em! Beastie Boys - pretty much ALL of their songs are caught up in my head.

PS I came by way of your current blogosphere rent.

12:33 PM  
Blogger Nature Girl said...

oh the memories! Ok.1) Vanilla Ice? 3) Four Non Blondes 4) I wanna be sedated 6) Tone Loc..Funky Cold Medina 11) Yeah...I know that one too....LOL That's all I know. Mine are up too..yours was fun. Stacie

1:04 PM  
Blogger Maman said...

Apparently I suck at music lyrics... I could only guess two!

3:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Geez, these are way too hard! Thanks for visiting my 13!

3:18 PM  
Blogger Uisce said...

I don't think I know any of these! :| My 13 are up!

3:42 PM  
Blogger PetiteMommy said...

I know 1-6 and #11...I dont know how I found you..someones TT...my list is up but its no longer thursday...

11:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know 1 and 2! :(

Happy weekend :)

7:08 PM  
Blogger Mel said...

Did I say 4:00? I meant late Friday.

The answers:
1. Ice, Ice Baby - Vanilla Ice
2. Paul Revere - Beastie Boys
3. What's Up - Four Non Blondes
4. I Wanna' Be Sedated - Ramones
5. Feel Like Making Love - Bad Company
6. Is indeed Tone Loc, but it's Wild Thing
7. The BAllad of John and Yoko - Beatles
8. The freakishly horrible My Humps - Black Eyed Peas
9. Digging a Ditch - Dave Matthews
10. I Like, I Love It...I Want Some More of It! It's Tim McGraw. I don't do country, but with him, I'll make an exception.
11. The Joker - Steve Miller Band I really love your peaches, wanna' shake your tree...well, alrighty then.
12. Piece of My Heart - Janis Joplin
13. Someone to Watch Over Me - George Gerswhin

Thanks for playing.

9:05 PM  
Blogger IzzyMom said...

I only knew 1, 6 and 11. I'm horrible with lyrics; so much so that I usually just make them up if I don't figure them out immediately.

11:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home