Monday, January 02, 2006

Potty Talk

To the girl in the women's restroom at the Ontario airport:
I understand that you and your boyfriend have a special kind of bond. All full of passion and mush, making separation almost unbearable. But really, do him and the general potty-using public a favor and put down the cell phone for the two minutes it takes to use the facilities. I'm pretty certain that whatever it is you just had to tell him could wait...Unless of course it was "do you want to hear me pee?" which I'm sure he thinks is just adorable. However, I doubt he finds the sounds of myself and several other strangers tinkling half as cute. So for Pete's sake, use a little discretion and hang up the flippin' cell phone for two seconds. Every relationship needs a little mystery.
Thank you.

5 Comments:

Blogger Leesa said...

Ha! This is hilarious! I hate that too.. I would never talk on the phone while on the toilet!

6:17 PM  
Blogger Billy Davies said...

I agree!!!

And same for men!!!

I do know some men that love to talk on the telephone on the loo!!

10:23 AM  
Blogger prying1 said...

Maybe next time you could try singing real loud to let 'her' know that other people do live on this planet.

I'm not sure what song would be appropos. Perhaps Cole Porters, "I get a kick out of you".

http://lyrics.rare-lyrics.com/B/Billie-Holiday/I-Get-A-Kick-Out-Of-You.html

8:13 AM  
Blogger EKENYERENGOZI Michael Chima said...

Every relationship needs a little mystery.
................................
Definitely, my quote of the month!

God bless.

1:36 PM  
Blogger Mel said...

Thanks for the comments.

Billy: Obviously it is not just men. My poor husband called one of the church leaders for a youth group he was helping with when he was younger. He heard water splashing and when he asked about it, the lady told him she was in the bathtub. He had to hang up. He said he couldn't bare (no pun intended) the thought of talking to her with only a phone line separating them. Eeck.

12:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home