Monday, January 09, 2006

Whole Lotta' Nothin' Goin' On

I don't know if it is stress or writer's block (can you get writer's block if you are not really a writer?), but I can't think of a single thing to blog about. Maybe it's holiday letdown. The Christmas decorations taken down but still in piles of boxes in the living room are not half as festive. My suitcases are an eyesore on the floor only half unpacked - we came home 7 days ago. Laundry mountain has reappeared. Our house looks like it has been looted in some rural riot. If I don't get to the grocery store soon, we are having salad dressing and the box of baking soda out of the fridge for dinner.

Or it could be the stress from the my store. Every bit of mail I get says "It's Tax Season!" or "Time to Think About Those Taxes" Evil, evil taxes. Although I have only been here a short time, Colorado seems like a nice place - but I have never seen so many freakin' business taxes. I don't even know what the heck some of them are for. I think maybe I'll start sending out my own tax notices to people. I bet they would pay them too. They would add them to the stack and scrawl out a check just like I do, I imagine. I could have myself quite the little side business there.

Am I the only one in a post-holiday slump? Hello? Bueller?

2 Comments:

Blogger Dear Jane... said...

when I am devoid of all thought, I start surfing other people's blogs...hence my visit here today. I think 'tis the season for the January Blahs.

3:50 PM  
Blogger Just D said...

delurking in honor of delurking week - just to say HI in a frighteningly bored and cheerful way. Love your happy bunny score!I thought it was so funny! I got "you suck and that's sad!"... not very funny after all...blah.

4:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home