Saturday, January 21, 2006

Unspeakable Horror

I don't usually attempt to write about anything serious here, but I saw this and had to mention it.
Final Days of Girl's Life Reveal Horrors


"He stripped Nixzmary of her clothes and beat her in front of Santiago, Brooklyn District Attorney Charles Hynes said.

He dragged her into the bathroom and repeatedly dunked her head under the cold water, and loud banging noises and screams of "Mommy" were heard throughout the apartment, authorities say. Rodriguez carried Nixzmary's limp body into the dirty room and tossed her to the floor, Hynes said."


The "dirty room" they are referring to is a filthy, rodent feces covered room, with a litter box for her to use as a toilet. While what this man did is vile and unthinkable, I hope the punishment is heaped double onto the mother. How can you hear your child, your baby, crying out for help and stand by? Someone is doing the most horrific things to your child and you stand by and watch it happen? Disgusted. Horrified. No words can come close to expressing how I feel about a mother who can hear her child's screams and look away. May justice be swift and the punishment, the maximum. Or better yet, may they receive their "punishment" from the other inmates when the guards aren't looking.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's barely readable... And they talk about how she was out of control - most likely from lack of attention. It's hard to keep faith in this world when crap like this happens.

6:19 AM  
Blogger Mel said...

And all of this rage was apparently due to the fact that this seven year old girl ate a cup of yogurt she wasn't supposed to have. It scares me that there are people like this in the world.

11:12 AM  
Blogger cubmommy said...

I read this story and it made me sick to my stomach. I agree how can a mother stand by and let this happen.

I hope they both get what they deserve.

7:14 AM  
Blogger PetiteMommy said...

I saw this briefly on the news and it really really upset me...all this over a cup of yogurt...what is wrong with these people? I hope they get what they deserve...

9:23 AM  
Blogger IzzyMom said...

I was thinkimg what you said... how could any mother sit back and do nothing? Unfortunately, it happens all the time. Usually because some stupid woman can't imagine her life without some loser guy.

11:13 AM  
Blogger Jane said...

I cannot imagine how a mother can allow this. In my opinion she is NOT a mother. I hope they both are convicted and put in jail. Maybe they should get the same treatment that was given the child. That would be justice.

7:32 PM  
Blogger Holly said...

Oh God, I wish I hadn't read this. I feel sick.

10:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home