Thursday, February 02, 2006

Thursday Thirteen



Thirteen Random things about Mel. Not very exciting, but I have been busy.



1. I have 2 tattoos, but have been tattooed 4 times. Two are covers.

2. I worked as a waitress at IHOP right out of high school. I still can't stand pancakes.

3. I gave birth to an 11 lb. 3 oz. baby. No, he was not a C-section.

4. I went to school to be an American Sign Language interpreter. I quit one semester away from getting certified.

5. I'm Italian, but don't cook. Shocking, I know. I can make a good lasagna...every three years or so.

6. I once totaled a complete stranger's car offroading it. Did you know a car's axle can snap in half?

7. I grew up in a town called Grapeville. The fire department has purple fire trucks. Half of the population was related to me. No, there was no inbreeding.

8. Speaking of inbreeding...I have lived in a mobile home on more than one occasion. I do not currently.

9. I can put my leg behind my head. I used to be able to put both legs behind my head, but I am old.

10. I won a $50 scholarship for community college once. Kick ass.

11. I am vegetarian, but eat my own body weight in junk food daily.

12. My husband and I are in the process of starting our own T-shirt company. We should be ready to go next month. I want to sell millions of shirts, so I can pay or my trips back to CA.

13. My husband has worked at Fender guitars and built robots. I have been a receptionist and sold shoes.




Links to other Thursday Thirteens!

1. Jaded Sunburns
2. Reflections of a Not So Ordinary Mom
3. Killired
4. The Idle Receptionist
5. Diary of the Nello
6. Musings from the Edge
7. Ramblings of a Working Wife and Mom
8. Rough Draft
9. fefyfomanna
10. the notorious M.O.M.
11. Kate Rothwell
12. Confessions of a Busy Mom





Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!



22 Comments:

Blogger Jennifer said...

me too... on the purple fire trucks! have any pix of them for us?

my list is up: Killired: Thursday 13

10:56 AM  
Blogger 0000 said...

I would like to live in Grapeville!!

I grew up near an area known as Strawberry Village...it was sort of this shi-shi area and I loved the name.

10:58 AM  
Blogger Kelly said...

An 11 pound what ounce kid?
Ack!
You are a good woman.
Holy moly!!!

Good luck with the t-shirt biz. You will sell millions of tees.... I just know it! ;)

Happy Thursday!
Mine are up.
Diary of the Nello

11:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Thursday 13. I've never liked pancakes and I've never even worked in an IHOP. Do you like waffles? I'm a waffle kick right now.

Thanks for stopping by to visit my 13!

11:32 AM  
Blogger Mel said...

Sorry, I tried to find a fire truck pic, but couldn't. I know I have one in my stuff somewhere.

Unfortunately, Grapeville is not really shi-shi. More like Ti-ny.

Chickadee: Yes, I do like waffles. :)

Kelly: Thanks...about the shirts. We hope so! How are the hives? Or the not-hives?

11:54 AM  
Blogger Courtney said...

A purple firetruck...interesting! Ouch to an 11+ lb baby. Oh, and I can also put my foot behind my head...actually, this got brought up a few nights ago and dh said something about how I "used to" be able to put my foot behind my head. "Used to?!" I asked with an offended tone and immediately put my foot behind my head. The look on his face was hilarious.

12:24 PM  
Blogger Courtney said...

Oh, and forgot to add...

My 13 are up
http://snaphappymom.blogspot.com

12:25 PM  
Blogger Fern Bourrie said...

Great list! I don't think I have enough courage to get a tatoo. I'm a chicken when it comes to pain!

12:54 PM  
Blogger Dale Challener Roe said...

Ooooo. Don't remind me about offroading...I flipped my own truck...


My 13: http://www.dcroe.com/blog.html

1:13 PM  
Blogger Mel said...

I added the fire truck pics. They do exist. Click and see. My grandfather was a volunteer firefighter at that very station. I have his jacket. It is also purple, of course!

1:21 PM  
Blogger Uisce said...

That's a cool list! My 13 are up!

2:16 PM  
Blogger Renee Nefe said...

Grapeville sounds like the town for me...I love purple. Of course it might freak out DH too much...I'm not allowed any purple rooms in this house...bummer

Thanks for stopping by http://lillyput.blogspot.com today

I should ask for more questions...that was fun.

2:28 PM  
Blogger IzzyMom said...

11 lbs? Ho. Ly. Shit. That's what we like to call a "big ass baby", which was our private nickname for my son who was almost 10lbs (no c-section either).

What kind of T-shirts will you be selling?

I am going to do a Cafe Press store. I've had the stuff ready forever and then got bored and haven't finished, which seems to be a recurring theme in my life...lol

2:42 PM  
Blogger Kate said...

I passed out at the mention of the 11 lbs baby. Dayummm.

A great list of 13. All of them, wonderful--as good as a purple firetruck.

I have a TT too. http://katerothwell.blogspot.com

4:06 PM  
Blogger Holly said...

Damn, you gave birth to a baby over 11 lbs? I am truly in awe. Mine were both 9.5 lbs, and couldn't fit through my pelvis, so I had to have C-sections. That is just incredible... you practically gave birth to a toddler!

Found you over at fefyfomanna. Noticed your comment about living to the North of her, and so do I!

10:49 AM  
Blogger Kimmy said...

What a list! I don't know how you survived the 11.3 pound baby...ouch! Mine was only 8.4 and had to be cut out. Bless your heart! I hope you were medicated :p
I love the purple firetrucks! Now that's a town!
My 13 are up!...late!

11:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL purple fire trucks??? Oy, children will never have the memories we do lol! I love #9!

And good luck with the Tee biz!

11:54 AM  
Blogger Renee Nefe said...

I'm asking for more questions
fefyfomanna: Asking again...

12:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

11 pounds?!?! OMG!

Purple firetrucks? COOL!

happy weekend

9:18 AM  
Blogger .- said...

i went to ihop for my first time today - wanted to check out the all you can eat pancakes... i could eat 1 1/2

12:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love your list! It's fun to think about living in a place where half of the population is related to you.

Have a great week!

6:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

:) I love the site layout!! :) You are a fantastic writer. I love the Thursday Thirteen its amazing what you can learn about people by reading them!

10:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home