Thursday, February 09, 2006

Special Double Birthday Edition Thursday Thirteen!



Thirteen things I want for my birthday and Bonus Thirteen Reasons birthdays are better when you are a kid.



Thirteen Things I Want for My Birthday

1. A down comforter (I am a sorry excuse for vegetarian, am I not?)

2. A haircut by someone who knows what they are doing.

3. A nice dinner at The Melting Pot or Benihanna's.

4. Weekly maid service.

5. The third season of Northern Exposure on DVD.

6. A new tattoo.

7. This awesomeWillie T-shirt.

8. A subscription to Cosmo.

9. To sleep in as late as I want.

10. More of this makeup that I can't live without.

11. A manicure and pedicure.

12. A nice stay at the Bed & Breakfast we stayed at for our honeymoon and anniversaries. In this
room.

13. The house to myself.

Thirteen Reasons Birthdays are Better When You Are a Kid

1. You get to be king or queen for the day...which involves wearing a paper crown. Where the heck is my crown? Maybe I'll dig my wedding tiara out of the box and wear it around today.

2. Cupcakes. You take cupcakes to school to celebrate. I woke up this morning...not a cupcake in sight. Not one.

3. People care what you want. "What would the birthday girl like to have for dinner today?" No one asked this birthday girl what she wanted for dinner. As a matter of fact, I think I am responsible for making dinner.

4. Presents are way cooler...and you get more. I think I'll take a Lite Brite this year.

5. You not only appreciated the "one to grow on" candle added to your cake, but there was actually room for it.

6. Cool party decorations. My house is decorated for my birthday...in laundry that needs folded and dishes to wash.

7. When you opened a birthday card and shook it for money, people thought it was cute. Now apparently, it's "tacky".

8. You actually thought the wish you made when you blew out the candles would come true if you didn't tell anyone what you wished for.

9. People sang "Happy Birthday" like they meant it.

10. You were excited to graduate from using half years. "I'm 10 and a half!" I think I'd like to stick with 28 and a half, thanks.

11. You thought 16 was old, and 21 was something so far away, you thought you would be flying in Jetson cars by then.

12. Cake shaped like your favorite character. I'll take mine shaped like John Corbett or Tim McGraw this year.

13. One birthday was barely over before you were planning the next one.





Links to other Thursday Thirteens!

1.






Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!



8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! 19?

Are you like me and you curse yourself the entire time thinking how much easier it would be to just do it as you go along?

11:44 AM  
Blogger Emily said...

Happy birthday!!

So what/where tat would ya get, if you could right now?
Its tacky to shake the cards for money?!? Why didn't anyone TELL me before now!

I really enjoyed your TT(If you get bored enough here's mine)

12:24 PM  
Blogger Janne said...

Happy birthday!

It is birthday week in our house. Three birthdays and our anniversary in 8 days. :)

12:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, birthdays are sooo much better when you are a kid because you are made over and people do care what you want.

I am sending you a virtual pedicure your way for your birthday!

My 13 are up.

2:21 PM  
Blogger Kelly said...

My bday is coming up and I basically want everything you want!
There's nothing wrong with hoping right?

2:32 PM  
Blogger Kimmy said...

Great list! I love your b-day wishes. I LOVE the B&B room. Beautiful!

So true...birthday are better as kids!

My 13 are up!

3:24 PM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

what a great double list! someone else did a double list this week too!

come check out mine if you get a chance!

http://killired.blogspot.com/

9:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You can get (very expensive) eiderdown duvets - eider ducks are endangered, so the 'collectors' follow the ducks around and pick up their down as they shed it! So no killing, and no problem for vegetarians!

http://www.stgeneve.com/products/down_bedding/duvets/CottonEider_duvet.htm

just in case you have a rich present-buyer somewhere.

I guess I'm delurking now!

6:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home