Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Thursday Already?



Thirteen reasons I'm ready to move back to CA.

1. I was in traffic school and the talk about road rage made me feel all sentimental.

2. The clean air here is killing me. I need air I can sink my teeth into.

3. I'm not a card carrying member of PETA or anything, but the amount of hunters around here makes me want to put some red paint on the Home Depot card and start throwing.

4. Flip flops year round baby.

5. In CA I can get a pizza delivered to my front door whenever I want it...not at 5:30, take it or leave it.

6. Without spending hours stuck in traffic, I am losing my mastery of the more colorful expressions in the English language.

7. The beach. Sure I never went, but if for some reason, I got a wild hair and decided I wanted to, it was there.

8. Disneyland. What? It is the happiest place on Earth you know.

9. I haven't seen anyone carrying a ridiculous purse dog dressed in an outfit that costs more than mine in 9 months.

10. Call me a bad neighbor, but I miss the 6 foot privacy fences. I do not need to chat while I stand outside in my PJ's watching the dog take a crap.

11. We'd be up one babysitting grandma. I forget what it's like to go out to dinner.

12. El Torito, Rubio's, Pick Up Stix, In "n" Out, Togo's...Ahhhh, the food. Beautiful food.

13. It's where I met my husband. It's where we dated. It's where he proposed. It's where my babies were born. It's where they took their first steps. It's where we had our first apartment. First house. First everything. Memories...from the corners of my mind....Sniff. Sniff.




Links to other Thursday Thirteens!

1.


Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. ItÂ’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!



19 Comments:

Blogger MaR said...

I loved your nr 2...! and the flip-flops :) when are you moving? good luck! My TT is up!

12:54 AM  
Blogger Summer said...

Oh, if only I could have some of the things you mentioned where I live now...I would never leave. I definately miss those big city things you mentioned.

1:23 AM  
Blogger Tanya said...

I live in the tropics in Australia. No big cities here, but I definitely relate to 4 and 7.

My 13 are up.

3:37 AM  
Blogger Just Me said...

Almost makes me want to move to CA too :)

My TT is up
http://bellis.blogon.com

3:50 AM  
Blogger Carol said...

I think #13 is the winner. That's what makes a place feel like home. My thirteen are up.

4:34 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hmm...a little homesick, are ya? I completely understand about wanting to go back to a familiar place. I'm 100% happy in TN, but when we lived in GA I wanted to move back to TX so badly!

Happy Thursday!

My 13 are up.

Denise

4:42 AM  
Blogger MrsFortune said...

Ahhh, nostalgia. I can relate. That whole beach thing sounds like the kicker.

6:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Are you really moving back to California? If you are, then I'm excited for you.

Sounds like you live in a tiny town that closes up early and everyone is chummy with each other. LOL.

My 13 are up.

7:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hunters - LOL

And I'd say a babysitting grandma is worth her weight in gold.

8:01 AM  
Blogger Emily said...

Awww! #13 made me wish you were back in CA

My 13 are up!

8:22 AM  
Blogger Lazy Daisy said...

Hope you get back to visit regularly...so many firsts...My TT are up. Thanks for the laughs!

9:45 AM  
Blogger Bob & Muffintop said...

Hi! Found you via technorati's list of fellow 13ers. I haven't laughed so much in a long time. Then again, all of my kids are in school, thank God, so the house is nice & quiet.

10:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, come on back! In and Out alone is reason to live here! ;)

10:42 AM  
Blogger Dale Challener Roe said...

Speaking as a current californian who want out...you're welcome to it. :)

11:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Damn, you're making me want to move to CA...or at least fly there for a good month-long visit until Spring arrives. :)

Found you on the TT blogroll, and my 13 are up too...

12:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lived in Snata Monica back in the 80's. Clean air is quite a shock after moving away from Cali, lol.

Happy TT. By the way, the BETA lives, lol. :-)

12:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

awww, you're singing barbra.
i'm am so laughing at #10!
i'm doing the tt too

1:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Apparently, it is time to move. I have my own feelings about Colorado and they are not good. Family craziness abounds out there.

Thanks for coming by!

2:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

awww
I know that feeling all too well!

8:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home