Monday, March 13, 2006

Blog Goulash

Thank you to all of you who have asked about my husband's job interview. He is supposed to hear back the beginning of this week....which I take to mean today or tomorrow, because Wednesday would be mid-week, right? Right? Right?

My kids are mostly over whatever disease they had this time. They both have a lingering cough that makes me wish I hadn't started them on Marlboro menthols so early. Should have stuck with the ultra lights, but they just don't go as well with the whiskey.*

*Disclaimer - of course I do not give my kids tobacco or alcohol. I wouldn't want it to impair their ability to help me make the meth.

Our house is completely torn to bits, as we are now playing the home version of "Sell This House". We are packing up boxes of unnecessary crap to be put into storage, so that when a potential buyer comes to see our house, they do not think "Wow! Look at all of this unnecessary crap!" We are hauling off enough noisy, multi-colored plastic to start our own toy store from my son's room alone. Eight year old packrat. We joke that someday he is going to be one of those people you see on TV. You know, the one with the house that is completely stuffed with newspapers from 1997 and bits of wrapping paper, so that there is only a narrow trail winding through the piles of clutter.

On a completely random note...My daughter, the play dough freak, is currently sculpting away at the table. "Mommy look," she exclaims, holding up a round blob with a little wormy thing sticking off of it, "I made M's [my son] junk!" Snort. I told you my children are not normal. Did I mention she also draws aliens? No, I did not use drugs while I was pregnant.

So that is all from here. Nothing fascinating, but thought I'd better update.

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ha. I love it. Junk. Nicely put.

3:07 PM  
Blogger MrsFortune said...

I dunno, I kind of like to look at other people's unnecessary crap when I look at a house, because I have so freaking much of it, I can go, look! look at all this room for all the useless crap I have! They can fit all of THEIR useless crap, I can fit all of mine!

4:12 PM  
Blogger Stacy said...

hahahaha! she calls it "junk?" that is friggin hilarious! oh and by the way, i'd like to give you kudos for stashing away all the "crap" before moving. when hubby and i were looking for houses, i cannot tell you how much better we felt walking into a house without all the clutter.

7:57 PM  
Blogger Katherine said...

Oh, thanks for the laugh! Though I'm not sure you why you don't just hire someone to pack for you, you know, with all your meth money. lol

7:24 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

that was a post for the record.

10:41 AM  
Blogger Christina said...

She sculpted his "junk" out of play-dough? Hahaha! That is hilarious.

So, next month can we expect to see her in a production of The Vagina Monologues?

1:36 PM  
Blogger Jean said...

I just hopped over to your blog from Kelly's. I've seen people's houses where there is literally a trail through the house. Maybe someday you could sell his stuff and go on vacation. He probably wouldn't miss it? :)

9:28 PM  
Blogger IzzyMom said...

lololol....this whole thing was funny. You have a gift :-)

4:10 PM  
Blogger Fern Bourrie said...

So what's the verdict? I'm anxiously awaiting to see if your coming back to California!! :)

11:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My son is play dough fan. So much mess! He loves it.
We are packing to move...oh Gee!

10:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice to know that you've got the slave labor down already. ;)

Packing can be a b&tch.

P.S. Popped over from Christina's site.

11:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home